First Annual Scholarship for Immigrants and Refugees – Now Accepting Applications
At the age of 16, Armir Harris, his mother and sister fled their native Albania for the United States as political refugees. From there, he helped in his uncle’s transportation business, went to college and started a successful company. But he never forgot his past and the support of the community.
Keeping in mind his youth, today we are excited to announce the first annual GOGO Charters National Scholarship for Immigrants and Refugees. The $10,000 award is designed to recognize an immigrant or refugee who demonstrates academic success and can articulate a dream for his or her future.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Born outside the United States.
- Complete their senior year of high school with a 3.4 GPA or greater in 2017.
- Plan to attend an accredited two-or four-year college/university as a full-time student in 2017.
Submit a short essay explaining how the scholarship would help applicant achieve near-term goals (accepted essay formats include video, audio or written).
- GOGO Charters is Now Available in Australia!
- Rent a Charter Bus to Evacuate Groups Fast for Hurricane Irma
- GOGO Charters Tops Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies
- The Best of the Boroughs in NYC
- Plan a Hop-On Hop-Off Tour in NYC
- Choosing the Best Bus Type for Your Group
- Are Electric Buses the Future of Transportation?
- How to Become a Charter Bus Driver