Starter Guide: Celebrating Independence Day in Style
Summer is right around the corner. While it seems like you should just be planning Memorial Day, now is the time to prepare for another major event: Fourth of July!
This day is known for its spectacles – from a major road race in Atlanta to fireworks abound, this holiday is celebrated with the pomp and circumstance necessary for such an important birthday.
To help you plan for an event with friends, we have created a short starter guide that should get yourholiday plans started:
Things to Consider
- How and where will you be celebrating?
- Who will you be with?
- How will you be getting there?
- What food, drinks and entertainment items do you need to bring?
Struggling to find ways to celebrate the big day? No worries, there are more activities than you can think of that are available to experience. Try considering a few of these:
- Fireworks in the City – Macy’s 4th of July celebration in New York City is arguably the largest fireworks celebration in the country.
- Visit the Lake with Friends – Lake Tahoe, situated in the Sierra Nevada mountains, hosts over 100,000 campers per year.
- Road Races – The Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta brings out over 60,000 joggers who want to have fun and stay fit – people line the 6.2 mile course and watch the event for fun!
- Theme Parks – Orlando is home to multiple famous theme parks, including Universal Orlando, Disney World and SeaWorld – visit one or all of these places over a long weekend!
While the Fourth of July is one of America’s most popular holidays, it’s also one of the most dangerous. 2015 had more fireworks-related injuries than the previous 15 years, with more than 11,000 people ending up in the hospital. Follow a few of these precautions to ensure a safe holiday:
- Monitor your alcohol consumption
- Handle fireworks with care
- Keep children away from fireworks and open flames
- Do not drink and drive
- Keep a close eye on the grill during barbecues
- Plan a Hop-On Hop-Off Tour in NYC
- Choosing the Best Bus Type for Your Group
- Private Bus Rentals in NYC
- Are Electric Buses the Future of Transportation?
- Guide to Corporate Charter Bus Rentals in NYC
- NYC Sports Charter Bus for Athletic Events
- Guide to Wedding Charter Bus Rentals in NYC
- How to Become a Charter Bus Driver